Home Shop My Instagram TPT STORE tpt Facebook Instagram Pinterest Image Map

November 5, 2015

Investigating the 5 Senses: Elementary Science Lesson

 Download the lesson materials HERE!

Hey all! I made a few science investigations over the summer and I'm really excited to begin using them in my classroom. This week we studied the 5 senses. Here were some of my activities from Monday!


We read My Five Senses by Aliki. After reading the book I broke students off into small groups and gave them each a 5 senses poster. The students drew pictures of things they could see, feel, hear, smell, and touch. Once students finished their posters they shared them with the other students for a jig-saw-like lesson. I laminated my posters and let the students use dry erase markers so I can reuse the posters next year. I also included a similar black and white version for a printer-friendly take on the lesson. 

At center time, students read and respond with an interactive guided reading book. They complete 'I like to...' sentences about the 5 senses.  

See more below!








 Click to View   

 Click to View









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...