Home Shop My Instagram TPT STORE tpt Facebook Instagram Pinterest Image Map

April 10, 2014

Guided Reading Strategies FREEBIE

Guided Reading Strategies 


I'm in the process of making a guided reading bundle. I hoped to get it out this week, but fate didn't seem to want that to happen quite yet. This week has seemed to be one project after another. I did want to post my weekly freebie, which is a page form my guided reading bundle, for all of my followers. Hopefully I can post the entire bundle by this weekend.... we'll see. The warm weather has made me slightly less motivated.

In my school, we use these cartoons for reading strategies. Some people call these 'beanie baby strategies". I like to focus on one for an entire week at my guided reading table.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h the Snake - Stretch the word then bring it back together.
Skippy Frog - Skip a word then go back to it.
Flippy Dolphin - Flip the vowel sound.
Chunky Monkey - Look for familiar parts of a word.
Lips the Fish - Get your lips ready to say the word.
Tryin' Lion - Try to reread the sentence.
Helpful Kangaroo - When all else fails, ask the teacher!
Eagle Eyes - Look at the picture for clues.

You can use these for desk name tags, bag of books labels, guided reading folders, etc.

Enjoy!!

 Click on the picture to download
Click on the picture to download at my TPT store!


Follow me on Pinterest, TPT Store
or 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...