Home Shop My Instagram TPT STORE tpt Facebook Instagram Pinterest Image Map

September 16, 2017

3 Tips to Get Your Students Signing into Chromebooks Independently






Technology in the classroom is great, but if not introduced properly, it can sometimes prove to be more of a nuisance than a valuable learning tool.  Here are a few tips for how to get your students started with the most difficult task.... signing in! 

1. Practice mouse & trackpad skills: I begin by allowing my students to sign in as a guest. I pull up some games that help teach students how to use the mouse or trackpad. This is important because many children are used to tablets and smartphones and assume all screens are touch screen. I recommend the website OWLIE BOO

2. Incorporate a 'Technology Coordinator' into your classroom jobs:  We all have them; students who know more about technology than even the most tech-savy teacher. Use them. I instruct students to go to these students before coming to me with technology help. 

3. Use visuals: When providing usernames and passwords, use visuals to not only show students their passwords, but where they should enter the information. I use lanyards and put their sign in cards inside the lanyard. You can get my editable Chromebook sign in cards HERE





       

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing wonderful information of giving best information. Its more useful and more helpful. Great doing keep sharing.

    baby nursery rhymes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...