Home Shop My Instagram TPT STORE tpt Facebook Instagram Pinterest Image Map

October 8, 2017

Using my Echo Dot to Improve Math Fluency in my First Grade Classroom




I got an Echo Dot recently and was so impressed at how easy it was to use I decided to get one for my classroom. I decided to make activities that allow students to set individual goals for themselves and also check their work. Here is how it works...



1) Students set a goal for how many facts they can solve. 
2) Students set a time limit.
3) Students follow the instructions on the paper and say "Alexa, set the timer for..."
4) Students begin to solve the addition/subtraction problems.
5) When the timer goes off students check their work by following the Alexa prompt, "Alexa, what is 2 + 2?
6) Students correct wrong answers and write down how many they got correct. 







          


2 comments:

  1. Hallo, toller Blog! Hab mir auch das Amazon Echo Dot gekauft, ist sehr praktisch.
    Schöne Grüße
    Steffi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best use of technology and make the learning fun

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...