Home Shop My Instagram TPT STORE tpt Facebook Instagram Pinterest Image Map

September 21, 2015

Common Core Math Centers: Counting Cookies



As I continue to work on a HUGE common core math bundle, I can't help but post a few of my class favorites from this year. Here, I made a counting cookies center. It's pretty simple and my students love it. First, I printed out the cookies on card stock paper and laminated. I spray painted cookie sheets and use them for so many different things in my classroom. For this, I use highlighting tape to section off a tens frame on the cookie sheet. This way, when students are using this center, they are constantly visualizing the numbers within a tens frame. 

Students will place the cookies on the correct area of the tens frame. I included a recording sheet for students to cut and glue cookies within a tens frame. 






Subscribe to emails!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...